Account Manager – Free Trade
Where: Empire St, Cheetham Hill, Manchester M3 1JD
Who are we?
Joseph Holt is an independent, six-generation family-owned company, with 127 pubs across the Northwest, ranging from traditional community pubs, food led destination pubs and some with onsite letting rooms. Since 1849 we have been brewing a wide range of award-winning beers in our Manchester brewery, which have won 5 Gold Medals at the International Brewing Awards in the last 12 years alone. Alongside this, we have an ever-expanding Free Trade and sell beer to multiple types of accounts across the country. We are a friendly, family run Brewery and Pub Company that are passionate about what we do and the people who work for us as well as supporting several charities.
The On trade is one of the most vibrant and energetic industries in the UK, made up of pubs bars restaurants and night clubs and this role provides a great career to those individuals that love hospitality and meeting their customers.
You will join our successful Free Trade sales team operating in one of our key regions. The role is customer facing and field based so you will spend your time visiting customers in all kinds of On trade outlets, not only helping to grow the distribution of Joseph Holt brands but selling a full range of our key national partner brands. Essentially you will be tasked to develop your own area while managing your own diary.
- Gross Margin & Volume Growth – To develop Joseph Holt’s share of both margin & volume identifying own brand opportunities.
- Account Base Management – understand and manage your existing account base through regular customer reviews building excellent working relationships.
- New business – to develop a prospect pipeline and a clear plan of how to win new business to ensure you maintain a positive net account base.
- Cross Functional Working – build effective internal relationships and an understanding of the business to use the support functions available to maximise opportunities.
- To work closely with the Customer Services and Credit Control teams to offer help and support where needed.
- To build great working relationships with our suppliers to maximise all joint venture opportunities.
The successful candidate:
- Ideally having experience within the Independent Free Trade.
- Excellent sales and business development skills, with the ability to self-source and develop new business opportunities.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills and ability to influence buying decisions
- Well presented, organised, confident and personable
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexible and highly motivated
- Good spoken and written English Language skills
- A full clean driving licence
What we offer:
- 28 days holiday a year + 5 bank holidays
- Company discount card – 20% off food and drink when purchased together. 20% off accommodation
- Company-wide celebrations and awards – Various fundraising events and Star of the Month
- Company Contributory Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistant Programme – available 24/7, 365 days a year
- Incredible external discounts and rewards scheme
- Ongoing training and extensive induction
- Free onsite parking
- The chance to gain a qualification through our apprentice scheme
- Long Service Awards – 10, 20, 30-, and 40-year awards
To apply for this position please send your CV and covering letter to Lynsey Halley via email at [email protected]