Where: Joseph Holt Brewery, Manchester, M3 1JD
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Area Manager to join the team at Joseph Holt Ltd on a permanent contract.
Who are we?
Joseph Holt is an independent, six-generation family-owned company, with 127 pubs across the Northwest, ranging from traditional community pubs, food led destination pubs and some with onsite letting rooms. Since 1849 we have been brewing a wide range of award-winning beers in our Manchester brewery, which have won 5 Gold Medals at the International Brewing Awards in the last 12 years alone. Alongside this, we have an ever-expanding Free Trade and sell beer to multiple types of accounts across the country. We are a friendly, family run Brewery and Pub Company that are passionate about what we do and the people who work for us as well as supporting several charities.
The Area Manager is responsible for the day-to-day support and management to General Managers, Retail Partners and Tenants at our pubs.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Setting and driving sales, turnover or profit target
- Motivating staff to meet their targets and helping them to achieve their goals
- Ensure training opportunities or development programmes are available to pub Managers and employees
- Recruitment of Licensees
- Training, Coaching and mentoring of Management
- Identifying areas for development and improvement within their area
- Implementing action plans that lead to change or improvement
- Ensuring quality consistency across the patch
- Ensuring quality control of products and customer service across their area
- Making sure their area is holding events and charity fundraising
- Manage and motivate your teams to success
- Maintaining Joseph Holt Standards in the pubs
It is important for the Area Manager to have a commercial awareness, excellent leadership and motivational skills with an emphasis on interpersonal skills and superb customer service. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of experience as a General Manager or Area Manager.
The successful candidate:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in either an Area Manager or Pub Operator
- Excellent inter-personal, verbal and written communications skills and able to deal with colleagues at all levels of the business.
- Ability to establish good working relationships both internally and externally.
- Reliable and a flexible attitude to work.
- Hard working, with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy on work produced.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn and develop.
- Excellent organisational skills including the ability to manage time and prioritise workload effectively.
- Operate with a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Ideally will live within a 25-mile radius of Manchester city centre as the role involves a lot of travelling to different sites across the North West of England.
- Full, clean GB Driving Licence
- Computer Literate: at a minimum you will have an intermediate level understanding of all MS Office packages, including excel, word and PowerPoint.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- 28 days holiday a year + 5 bank holidays
- Company discount card
- Company-wide celebrations and awards – Christmas & Summer Parties, Various fundraising events and Star of the Month
- Company Contributory Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistant Programme – available 24/7, 365 days a year
- Incredible external discounts and rewards scheme
- Ongoing training and extensive induction
- Free onsite parking
- Company car
- Attractive Annual bonus scheme
- The chance to gain a qualification through our apprentice scheme
- Long Service Awards – 10, 20, 30, and 40-year awards
Salary starting from £45,000
To apply for this position please send your CV and covering letter, stating your current salary, to Lynsey Halley, HR Advisor via email at [email protected]