Assistant Accounts Payable Clerk (Maternity Cover)
Where: Joseph Holt Brewery, Manchester, M3 1JD
We’re looking for Assistant Accounts Payable Clerk to join us at the Brewery head office for a 12 month fixed term Maternity cover contract.
About the role
The Assistant Accounts Payable Clerk will process all supplier invoices in an efficient, effective and accurate manner. You’ll make sure that suppliers receive payment within established timescales.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Take responsibility for the day to day manual processing of all purchase invoices (between 1500-2000 per month) ensuring that invoices are checked and that any discrepancies are investigated and dealt with appropriately
- Ensure that invoices are authorised for payment by relevant department managers
- Ensure that invoices are recorded and entered on the Sage 1000 system using appropriate account
- Following authorisation of invoices organise BACS payment
- Deal with all enquiries related to invoices/payments, answering telephone calls and emails and consulting with relevant departments as necessary to ensure enquiries are dealt with in a professional and timely
- Complete new supplier payment work and verify details with supplier as
- Reconciliation of statements
- As required, assist with account reconciliations as well as identifying and correcting accounting errors
- Occasional administrative duties such as typing, photocopying, filing, printing and reception cover
Requirements for the role
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Good IT skills and knowledge of using Excel and accounting
- Meticulous eye for detail and exceptional planning and organisational skills
- Good telephone manner
- Ability to multitask and work in a busy environment.
- Ability to take initiative and a practical approach to problem
- Positive and flexible approach to work
About Joseph Holt
Joseph Holt is an independent, six-generation family-owned company, with an ever-expanding Pub Estate in Greater Manchester, Cheshire and Lancashire. Our 127 pubs include traditional community pubs, food houses, and some have accommodation. Since 1849 we have been brewing a wide range of award-winning beers in our Manchester brewery.
In the last 10 years alone, we have won 4 Gold Awards at the International Brewing Awards and are one of only three breweries in the world to do this. We also boast an ever-expanding Free Trade empire whereby we sell our beer all across the country from supermarkets to sports clubs. Alongside this we have a clear charity focus and are currently supporting 6 local food-bank charities through fundraisers, events, and donations to help those in need.
Term: Fixed Term 12 month contract (maternity cover)
Salary: Between £23k–25k dependent upon experience
If you have any questions or you wish to apply, please apply below or send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]