Engineer, The Brewery
Where: Joseph Holt Brewery, Manchester, M3 1JD
We are looking for a full time Engineer for our Brewery and Packaging lines.
Joseph Holt is an independent, 6 generation family-owned company. We’re one of the largest independent family brewers & pub companies in the North West, with 125 pubs within a 50 mile radius from our Brewery.
Since 1849 we have been brewing a wide range of award-winning beers in our Manchester brewery, which have won 5 Gold Medals at the International Brewing Awards in the last 12 years alone. We are one of only a handful of breweries in the world to achieve this and we couldn’t do it without the right people.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do and a job at Joseph Holt means you are part of the family.
Engineer Job Description:
- We are looking for a multi-skilled electrician / engineer to work in our brewery and packaging lines
- Our Brewery in Cheetham Hill, Manchester consists of, but is not limited to a boiler, compressors, pumps, cask and keg packaging lines, CIP sets, grain handling systems, a variety of push button through to SCADA control systems. We have been on the same site since 1860 and have old technology next to new but we are not afraid to update and modernise when needed
- You will be responsible for all electrical and mechanical maintenance on site, either directly or through the use of contractors
- You will be the sole maintenance operative on site and will be expected to liaise with external contractors on bigger projects
- Process optimisation and improvements will be key
- There will be some Project work and Capex opportunities
- Managing production requirements whilst delivering KPIs
- You will be in charge of routine, planned and preventative maintenance for site and be required to keep records and order parts to the brewery
- The successful candidate will be self-motivated, driven, willing to challenge and improve and have a good work ethic
- Some experience of work on SCADA systems / PLCs is beneficial, but not essential
- Good communication skills and the ability to deal with multiple stakeholders
- Highly organised, motivated and with a positive attitude
- Enjoy working within a small friendly team
- You will report into the Head Brewer and work closely with the brewers on site
So, what’s in it for you?
- Joseph Holt Discount Card
- Company-wide rewards and celebrations
- Employee Assistant Programme – Licenced Trade charity
- External discounts and rewards
- The chance to gain a qualification through our apprentice scheme
- Training and support for relevant exams/courses
Salary: Up to £40,000 depending on experience
Hours: Full time
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing Brewer and pub company, with a genuine focus on people. We are looking to fill this role as soon as possible, so please don’t wait till the closing date.
To apply please fill in the form below or send your CV directly to Sarah Willis – [email protected]