Where: Joseph Holt Brewery, Manchester, M3 1JD
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Filtration Operative to join the team at Joseph Holt Ltd on a permanent contract.
Who are we?
Joseph Holt is an independent, six-generation family-owned company, with 127 pubs across the Northwest, ranging from traditional community pubs, food led destination pubs and some with onsite letting rooms. Since 1849 we have been brewing a wide range of award-winning beers in our Manchester brewery, which have won 5 Gold Medals at the International Brewing Awards in the last 12 years alone. Alongside this, we have an ever-expanding Free Trade and sell beer to multiple types of accounts across the country. We are a friendly, family run Brewery and Pub Company that are passionate about what we do and the people who work for us as well as supporting several charities.
As Filtration Operator, you will work as part of a team, preparing conditioned beer ready for filtration and filtering beer ready for packaging.
- Filtering conditioned beer for kegging
- Taking samples
- Laboratory analysis of samples
- Cleaning (CIP) of vessels, pipework and equipment
- Ensuring a clean and tidy work area
- Liaising with brewers & packaging team to ensure the correct beer is filtered to the correct specification, in the correct time frame.
- Minimising beer loss
- Maximising filter throughput and efficiency
The successful candidate:
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills
- An understanding of manufacturing packaging lines and practices
- Ability to establish good working relationships both internally and externally.
- Reliable and a flexible attitude to work.
- Hard working, with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn and develop.
- Excellent organisational skills including the ability to manage time and prioritise workload effectively.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to multitask and look ahead to avoid potential problems
What we offer:
- 23 days holiday a year (+ an extra day each year up to a maximum of 28 days) + 5 bank holidays
- Company discount card – 20% off food and drink when purchased together. 20% off accommodation
- Company-wide celebrations and awards – Various fundraising events and Star of the Month
- Company Contributory Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistant Programme – available 24/7, 365 days a year
- Incredible external discounts and rewards scheme
- Ongoing training and extensive induction
- Free onsite parking
- The chance to gain a qualification through our apprentice scheme
- Long Service Awards – 10, 20, 30-, and 40-year awards
To apply for this position please send your CV and covering letter, stating your current salary, to Lynsey Halley, HR Advisor via email to [email protected]