Head Chef, The Woodthorpe
Where: The Woodthorpe, Prestwich, M25 0EG,
Do you want to run your own kitchen? Do you love pub food? If so, Joseph Holt is for you!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head Chef at the Woodthorpe, nicely situated next to Heaton Park in Prestwich.
Joseph Holt has over 172 years of brewing experience – which means we are experts in making the perfect pint. We are just looking for an enthusiastic head chef to cook food to match it!
As well as cooking our menu, you will also run your kitchen team, and ensure the kitchen is kept to the best hygiene standards!
So, what’s in it for you?
- Joseph Holt Discount Card
- Regular company-wide rewards and celebrations
- Annual Awards Ceremonies with monetary prizes to celebrate the best pubs in the company
- Look great by wearing our Joseph Holt Kitchen Whites
Interested? Here’s what we need from you
- Previous experience working as a Head Chef, OR a strong Sous Chef who is looking for their first appointment
- Passion for delivering exceptional high quality fresh food
- Amazing teamwork skills and leadership qualities to motivate your team
- Excellent Cooking Skills, with experience cooking from scratch
- Minimum Level 2 Hygiene
- Keep the kitchen spic and span by having a strict adherence to food hygiene and Health and Safety Regulations
Who are we?
Joseph Holt is an independent family-owned company, operating over 125 pubs, restaurants and hotels across the North West, as well as producing award-winning beers in our Manchester Brewery!
We have tons of awards over the years including 5 Gold Awards for our beers at the International Brewing Awards over the last 10 years (the Oscars of Beers), so you can be confident that the pints you are pulling are of the best quality!
If brewing beer and running over 125 pubs wasn’t enough, our other major priority is charity work! We have a brilliant relationship with The Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute in Manchester. One of our family members even helped to fund it way back in 1914, hence the name, which means we are famous for helping the people of Manchester and beyond. Throughout 2020 and 2021, we are supporting 6 local food-bank charities through fundraisers, events, and donations to help look after those most in need!
Come for a job, stay for a career.
Rate of Pay: £30k per rata (based on a 48 hour week) + overtime pay
Contact: To apply please send your CV and application to Gaynor at [email protected]
Don’t wait for the deadline as we are looking to fill the role as soon as possible.
Thanks and Good Luck!