Line Chef, Morning Star
Where: Morning Star, 520 Manchester Rd, Swinton, M27 9GB
We are looking for a new line chef to join our experienced kitchen team at the Morning Star in Swinton.
The Morning Star is a local favourite pub and food venue. The red brick pub dates back to 1890, but inside there’s a fresh, modern feel while retaining plenty of character and charm. There’s a good, well-equipped kitchen to help you shine at what you’re good at.
Joseph Holt is an independent family owned company, operating over 125 pubs, restaurants and hotels within Greater Manchester, Cheshire and Lancashire, producing a range of award winning beers from our Brewery in Manchester. We are a friendly family run company that are passionate about what we do.
About the Job
We’re looking for a full time line chef to join us at the Morning Star who will:
- Assist the head chef with various aspects of meal preparation and delivery to specification
- Conduct essential kitchen duties, such as: basic food prep, thorough cleaning duties, food storage management, recording temperatures, labelling stock, kitchen set up and breakdown
- Be willing to learn and trained on all aspects of Joseph Holt food standards and dishes
- Have experience in a commercial kitchen previously
- Enjoy working as part of a team in a fast-moving kitchen
- Be passionate about food quality and have high standards
- Be dependable, have good physical stamina and be a team player
- Lots of experience is not a necessity, however a willingness to learn and work as part of a team is essential
- Ability to work flexibly according to the needs of the business, including weekend and evening work
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing community pub company, with a genuine focus on people, who are committed to providing excellent training and development. We are a friendly family run company with 125 pubs across the North West and are passionate about what we do. We offer full support throughout your career with an emphasis on continued learning and development. We pride ourselves on our team work and if you think you could fit in with us please don’t hesitate to apply.
Pay: Dependent on experience and contracted hours
To apply: Please email your CV to Sarah – [email protected]
Thank you and good luck!