Where: Joseph Holt Brewery, Manchester, M3 1JD
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Packaging Operative to join the team at Joseph Holt Ltd on a permanent contract.
Who are we?
Joseph Holt is an independent, six-generation family-owned company, with 127 pubs across the Northwest, ranging from traditional community pubs, food led destination pubs and some with onsite letting rooms. Since 1849 we have been brewing a wide range of award-winning beers in our Manchester brewery, which have won 5 Gold Medals at the International Brewing Awards in the last 12 years alone. Alongside this, we have an ever-expanding Free Trade and sell beer to multiple types of accounts across the country. We are a friendly, family run Brewery and Pub Company that are passionate about what we do and the people who work for us as well as supporting several charities.
As Packaging Team operator, you will work as part of a team on the packaging line, operating the equipment used to clean, prepare, and fill casks and kegs with beer.
- Stock Rotation
- FLT & electronic pallet truck operation
- Use of chemicals (CIPs)
- Manual handling
- Achieving daily/weekly production targets
- Working closely with team members and other departments
- Keep working areas clean & tidy
The successful candidate:
- An understanding of manufacturing packaging lines and practices
- Ability to establish good working relationships both internally and externally.
- Reliable and a flexible attitude to work.
- Hard working, with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn and develop.
- Excellent organisational skills including the ability to manage time and prioritise workload effectively.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- In possession of a forklift Licence or willing to work towards obtaining a forklift licence
- Good level of physical fitness
What we offer:
- 23 days holiday a year (+ an extra day each year up to a maximum of 28 days) + 5 bank holidays
- Company discount card – 20% off food and drink when purchased together. 20% off accommodation
- Company-wide celebrations and awards – Christmas & Summer Parties, Various fundraising events and Star of the Month
- Company Contributory Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistant Programme – available 24/7, 365 days a year
- Incredible external discounts and rewards scheme
- Ongoing training and induction
- Free onsite parking
- The chance to gain a qualification through our apprentice scheme
- Long Service Awards – 10, 20, 30-, and 40-year awards
To apply for this position please send your CV and covering letter, stating your current salary, to Lynsey Halley, HR Advisor via email to [email protected]