Where: Joseph Holt Brewery, Manchester, M3 1JD
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Payroll Administrator to join the team at Joseph Holt Ltd on a permanent contract.
Who are we?
Joseph Holt is an independent, six-generation family-owned company, with 127 pubs across the Northwest, ranging from traditional community pubs, food led destination pubs and some with onsite letting rooms. Since 1849 we have been brewing a wide range of award-winning beers in our Manchester brewery, which have won 5 Gold Medals at the International Brewing Awards in the last 12 years alone. Alongside this, we have an ever-expanding Free Trade and sell beer to multiple types of accounts across the country. We are a friendly, family run Brewery and Pub Company that are passionate about what we do and the people who work for us as well as supporting several charities.
The company is going through an exciting period of change with considerable investment in the estate including acquisitions, major capex refurbishments and product development and we have an opportunity for a Payroll Administrator to join our team. Ideally you will have previous experience working within a similar position. SAGE 50 Payroll experience would also be advantageous, but not essential, and a good knowledge of Microsoft Excel spreadsheet desirable.
- Process four weekly payroll for 600 bar staff and monthly payrolls for 40 pub managers and 40 brewery staff, ensuring accuracy in processing.
- Input new starters onto payroll and time sheets.
- Reconcile hours from time sheets on a weekly basis to ensure accuracy of data to be imported for four weekly payroll.
- Processing and sending BACS payments.
- Respond to payroll queries and update employee records as notified by the business teams.
- Keeping up to date payroll records in line with changes in employment status and legislation, maintaining high levels of accuracy, sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Understanding of pension automatic enrollment and HMRC RTI submissions.
- Payroll experience – SAGE 50 experience would be advantageous, but not essential.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent and accurate PC skills.
- Must have a good working knowledge of Microsoft office, particularly Excel.
- Excellent inter-personal, verbal and written communications skills and able to deal with colleagues at all levels of the business.
- Ability to establish good working relationships both internally and externally.
- Reliable and a flexible attitude to work.
- Hard working, with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy on work produced.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn and develop.
- Excellent organisational skills including the ability to manage time and prioritise workload effectively.
- Operate with a professional and courteous manner at all times.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary DOE
- 28 days holiday a year + 5 bank holidays
- Company discount card – 20% off food and drink when purchased together. 20% off accommodation
- Company-wide celebrations and awards – Christmas & Summer Parties, Various fundraising events and Star of the Month
- Company Contributory Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistant Programme – available 24/7, 365 days a year
- Incredible external discounts and rewards scheme
- Ongoing training and extensive induction
- Free onsite parking
- The chance to gain a qualification through our apprentice scheme
- Long Service Awards – 10, 20, 30-, and 40-year awards
To apply for this position please send your CV and covering letter to Lynsey Halley, HR Advisor at [email protected]