Second Chef, The Woodthorpe
Where: Bury Old Road, Prestwich, M25 0EG
Do you want to work in a bustling kitchen environment? Do you love pub food? Do you enjoy working in a team? If so, Joseph Holt is for you!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for two Line Chefs at the Woodthorpe Hotel in Prestwich.
Joseph Holt has over 173 years of brewing experience – which means we are experts in making the perfect pint. We are just looking for an enthusiastic sous chef to help cook food to match it!
As well as preparing, cooking, and presenting our menu to specification, as a Second / Sous Chef you will also work within a kitchen team to help ensure the kitchen is kept to the best hygiene standards.
So, what’s in it for you?
- Joseph Holt Discount Card
- Our in-house Progression Programme – you could run your very own Joseph Holt kitchen in the future
- Full and Part Time positions available
- Regular company-wide rewards and celebrations
- The chance to gain a qualification through our apprentice scheme
- Annual Awards Ceremonies with monetary prizes to celebrate pub achievements within Joseph Holt
Interested? Here’s what we need from you?
- 2 years’ experience in a high-volume branded kitchen
- Passion for delivering exceptional food, and cooking to our spec every time
- Willingness to learn and work as part of a team
- Eye for detail and ability to work calmly under pressure
- Minimum Level 1 Hygiene
- Ability to work flexibly according to the needs of the business – including weekends and evenings
Who are we?
Joseph Holt is an independent family-owned company, operating over 125 pubs, restaurants and hotels across the North West, as well as producing award-winning beers in our Manchester Brewery!
We have tons of awards over the years including 5 Gold Awards for our beers at the International Brewing Awards over the last 10 years (the Oscars of Beers), so you can be confident that the pints you are pulling are of the best quality!
If brewing beer and running over 125 pubs wasn’t enough, our other major priority is charity work! We have a brilliant relationship with The Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute in Manchester. One of our family members even helped to fund it way back in 1914, hence the name, which means we are famous for helping the people of Manchester and beyond. Throughout 2020 and 2021, we are supporting 6 local food-bank charities through fundraisers, events, and donations to help look after those most in need!
Come for a job, stay for a career.
Pay: Dependent on experience + overtime pay
To apply: Please email your CV to Gaynor – [email protected]
Thank you and good luck!