Social Media Lead
Where: Empire St, Cheetham Hill, Manchester M3 1JD
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Social Media Lead to join the growing Marketing team at Joseph Holt Ltd on a permanent contract.
Who are we?
Joseph Holt is an independent, six-generation family-owned company, with 127 pubs across the Northwest, ranging from traditional community pubs, food led destination pubs and some with onsite letting rooms. Since 1849 we have been brewing a wide range of award-winning beers in our Manchester brewery, which have won 5 Gold Medals at the International Brewing Awards in the last 12 years alone. Alongside this, we have an ever-expanding Free Trade and sell beer to multiple types of accounts across the country. We are a friendly, family run Brewery and Pub Company that are passionate about what we do and the people who work for us as well as supporting several charities.
Creativity is key for this role. We are looking for a dynamic and super creative social media enthusiast to join the marketing team at Joseph Holt. Working for a brewery and pubs is as exciting as it sounds, and we want someone who will take our social media and make it their own.
Reporting into the Marketing Manager and working closely with the other members of the Marketing team you will have a proactive and confident approach to social; how to engage with new and existing followers, how to grow our social profile and engage with people in a cool and exciting way. We want someone who is not afraid to push the boundaries and have fun with our social media.
- Manage daily posts on all social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube)
- Work with the graphic designer to create visual concepts that stay true to the Joseph Holt brand but also engage with new audiences
- Creating social posts and posters for pub teams using pre-designed branded graphics
- Work with the pub teams to grow their social following, set up social accounts and guide them on how to make the most of social in their local areas
- Provide training and knowledge to external pub teams on ‘The Power of Social’
- Work with the marketing team to develop and align campaigns with a social media approach.
- Turn our social channels into a positive and friendly persona; engage and have fun with our followers
- Work with the Assistant Marketing Manager to build relationships with external brands and generate collaborative leads for prizes, competitions and other opportunities to widen the Joseph Holt brand
- Develop brand new ideas and concepts for social media
- Capture excellent quality photographs and videos in-house and editing for use on social channels.
- Stay up to date with emerging trends and developments in the social world; what is the next big thing?
- Have an understanding and passion for pop culture and how that translates into the Joseph Holt brand
- Analyse and track performance of campaigns
The successful candidate:
- Access to your own vehicle and full, clean driving licence is essential
- Previous experience in a social media role is essential with proven results
- Knowledge of the Adobe Suite including how to amend documents in InDesign
- In-depth understanding of key social platforms
- A passion for hospitality, people, beer and pubs
- Excellent photography skills with video skills an advantage
- Experience in creating engaging, visually striking content
- An ability to have fun with social content
- A passion for pop culture and using everyday conversations in social channels
- Empathy and ability to communicate with people at all levels of social expertise
- Excellent writing skills
- A proactive and innovative, creative thinker – someone who can think outside the box
- Highly motivated and able to manage own time and workload whilst working as part of a fast-paced marketing team
What we offer:
- 28 days holiday a year + 5 bank holidays
- Company discount card – 20% off food and drink when purchased together. 20% off accommodation
- Company-wide celebrations and awards – Christmas & Summer Parties, Various fundraising events and Star of the Month
- Company Contributory Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistant Programme – available 24/7, 365 days a year
- Incredible external discounts and rewards scheme
- Ongoing training and extensive induction
- Free onsite parking
- The chance to gain a qualification through our apprentice scheme
- Long Service Awards – 10, 20, 30-, and 40-year awards
Salary: £23,000 – £25,000
To apply for this position please send your CV and covering letter, stating your current salary, to Lynsey Halley, HR Advisor at [email protected]