Stock Controller, The Brewery
Where: Joseph Holt Brewery, Manchester, M3 1JD
We are looking for a full time Stock Controller to join the Transport and Warehouse Team.
Your working week will be Monday to Friday with some early starts but typically 8am till 4pm. There may be a very small amount of weekend and evening work at certain times of the year.
This is a fast paced and exciting opportunity, where no two days are the same.
Joseph Holt is an independent, 6 generation family-owned company, with an ever-expanding pub estate in Greater Manchester, Cheshire and Lancashire. Within our 127 pubs we have a range of traditional community pubs, food led destination pubs and some with onsite letting rooms. Since 1849 we have been brewing a wide range of beers from our brewery in Manchester and have won multiple awards around the world.
We have an ever-expanding Free Trade and sell beer to multiple types of accounts across the country. We are a friendly, family run brewery and pub company that are passionate about what we do and the people who work for us.
Stock Controller job responsibilities:
- Working closely with a range of suppliers from the UK and overseas, to order and book in a wide range of external drinks and products
- Ensuring stock rotation of Joseph Holt kegs, casks and bottles for distribution to our pubs and growing Free Trade.
- Working closely with a range of stakeholders, including external customers to resolve questions and queries
- Counting of full containers, empty containers, general stock in the warehouse with detailed record keeping
- Ensuring an accurate stock control on all lines and adhering to First In First Out Principles
- Optimum efficiency and accuracy are required at every stage in the warehouse and distribution system
- Monitoring any unidentified returns
- Helping, as and when required, the Warehouse team to pick orders for the next day’s delivery
- Supporting Transport by driving the van to deliver beer, wines, spirits, and soft drinks to customers in the Northwest and beyond
- Ensuring that Company Health, Safety and Security standards are maintained
- Maintaining high standards of housekeeping at all times
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Can work well on your own or part of a wider team
- Good PC skills
- An awareness of Health and Safety
- Enjoy a challenge and learning new skills
- Reliable and flexible attitude to work
- Hard working
- Well organised and pays attention to detail
- Good at multitasking with some problem solving
- Able to organise own workload and get the job done
- Full UK Driving licence
- On the job training will be provided with a chance to do an apprenticeship and progress
Have a look here for more information on our Brewery and Awards
Salary: Up to £21,000 depending on experience
Hours: Full time, Monday-Friday
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing Brewery and pub company, with a genuine focus on people. We are looking to fill this role as soon as possible, so please don’t wait till the closing date.
To apply please fill in the form below or send your CV directly to Sarah Willis – [email protected]